We want to free NHS staff from political micromanagement, increase democratic accountability and give patients the power to choose the treatments that are best for them.
To ensure your voice is heard we are inviting local residents to download and complete our NHyeS survey which can be returned free of charge using the Freepost address on the survey. A few minutes of your time could help shape local NHS services for years to come so please do take the survey – Click Here To Download
Our Commitment To The NHS
- We are increasing investment in the NHS year after year.
- We are cutting the cost of NHS administration by £5 billion and reinvesting this money to support doctors and nurses on the front line.
- We are putting patients in charge of making decisions about their care, including control of their health records.
- We are giving every patient the power to choose any healthcare provider that meets NHS standards, within NHS prices. This includes independent, voluntary and community sector providers.
- We are establishing an independent NHS board to allocate resources and provide commissioning guidelines.
- We are enabling patients to rate hospitals and doctors according to the quality of care they received.
- We are publishing data about the performance of healthcare providers, so everyone will know who is providing a good service and who is falling behind.
- We are strengthening NICE and have already created the Cancer Drugs Fund, so that all patients can access the drugs and treatments their doctors think they need.
- We are strengthening the power of GPs as patients’ expert guides through the health system by enabling them to commission care on their behalf.
- We are stopping the top-down reconfigurations of NHS services, imposed from Whitehall rather than led by the local NHS, family doctors and local communities.
- We will measure our success on the health results that really matter, not arbitrary Whitehall targets.